Sacred KumanoThe ancient Kumano region is nestled in the verdant mountains of Wakayama Prefecture — the spiritual heartland of Japan. This lush and rugged area has been considered the abode of the gods and worshipped for centuries.
Walk the spiritual Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route, soak and relax in the healing waters of an isolated Onsen, dine on delicious local cuisine, interact with the friendly locals; What kind of adventures are waiting for you?
Kumano News (Official Blog)
- IMPORTANT: Northern half of Kogumotori-goe closed because of landslide south of Hyakken-gura. This section will re-open August 1, (Saturday) 2015. MORE INFORMATION AND DETOUR MAP>>
- Nara Kotsu bus info: Because of road damage near Totsukawa Onsen the Nara Kotsu bus is not running between Hongu and Totsukawa Onsen. Busses are travelling as normal between Shingu and Hongu, and between Yagio and Totsukawa Onsen.
- Limited Access Bus (Koyasan, Kumano, Shirahama)
- Self-guided Kumano Kodo village to village trek itineraries.
- Kumano Kodo luggage shuttle overview.
What is Kumano Travel?
Kumano Travel is the official reservation system of the Tanabe City/Kumano Region, Japan.
It is a local, community-based initiative created to supply visitors with quality information, services, and products so they can fully experience travelling in the area.
With the strong support of local stakeholders and travellers alike, we are working towards our goal of creating a high quality, sustainable destination open to the world.
Why Book with Kumano Travel?
When booking with Kumano Travel you are directly supporting the local community.
- Quality Personal Service
- Intimate Knowledge
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Responsible & Sustainable
- Freedom to Discover
- Secure Booking
Model Itineraries are sample travel plans to help you organize your trip.
You can use them as they are, adjust them to your needs, or contact us to create a personalized tour. The choice is yours!
We help you do the organizing, so you have more time and freedom to discover.