Sacred KumanoThe ancient Kumano region is nestled in the verdant mountains of Wakayama Prefecture — the spiritual heartland of Japan. This lush and rugged area has been considered the abode of the gods and worshipped for centuries.
Walk the spiritual Kumano Kodo pilgrimage route, soak and relax in the healing waters of an isolated Onsen, dine on delicious local cuisine, interact with the friendly locals; What kind of adventures are waiting for you?
- Welcome to our new website! We hope it is helpful for your trip planning.
- Koyasan to Ryujin bus has a new timetable (#7). Busses only run on weekends and holidays.
- Konyamachiya refurbished townhouse now open.
- Koyasan Guesthouse Kokuu has joined the Kumano Travel community.
- 3 night, 4 day Kumano Kodo walking itinerary, online now.
What is Kumano Travel?
Kumano Travel is the official reservation system of the Tanabe City/Kumano Region, Japan.
It is a local, community-based initiative created to supply visitors with quality information, services, and products so they can fully experience travelling in the area.
With the strong support of local stakeholders and travellers alike, we are working towards our goal of creating a high quality, sustainable destination open to the world.
Why Book with Kumano Travel?
When booking with Kumano Travel you are directly supporting the local community.
- Quality Personal Service
- Intimate Knowledge
- Locally Owned & Operated
- Responsible & Sustainable
- Freedom to Discover
- Secure Booking
Model Itineraries are sample travel plans to help you organize your trip.
You can use them as they are, adjust them to your needs, or contact us to create a personalized tour. The choice is yours!
We help you do the organizing, so you have more time and freedom to discover.